cavachon-names

Choosing a name for your Cavachon can be a frustrating and time-consuming  task.  Many people find that naming a dog is like naming a child, so the decision is obviously pretty important. To help you with pick out a name for your dog, here is a list of potential Cavachon names that, at the very least, may inspire you to come up with the perfect name for your Cavachon!

These names have been chosen based on several factors relating to some of the unique characteristics of the Cavachon dog breed.  Most notable are that the Cavachon is a relatively small breed, with fluffy hair and long ears.  These names try to capture these aspects!

Champ

Charlie

Chloe

Belle

Dizzy

Mindy

Barney

Sammy

Buddy

Kasey (like “KC” and King Charles)

Kibbles

* Please Note: This list is entirely based on personal opinion and your interpretation of how the look of a Cavachon relates to its name may vary.

217 Responses to “Cavachon Names”

• Joseph says:

Hi! I think the cavachon
    names I’ve seen are pretty great! What I named my cavachon was tracer.

• deb says:

commenting from northern Ireland…we have a beautiful (but incredibly cheeky) 5 month old cavachon named Izzy 🙂

Chili Palmer Replied:

Chili is 8 months old and definitely has the same personality of John Travolta in “Get Short”. He is adorable and strong willed. Still a puppy through and through. I love him.

• Kristina C. says:

Hello Cavachon Mommas, I got my sweet little fluff ball Cavachon last night!! I went to the mall to get a shirt for my son and came home with a brand new tiny puppy. I instantly fell in love with her and didn’t have the heart to see such a teeny tiny helpless angel sitting caged in a pet store. My question is, she is 13 weeks old and only weighs 1 1/2 pound!! Is that okay? They said that she didn’t eat well when she got there and now she is doing better. I hope I haven’t made a huge mistake getting a puppy at a pet store (I know how irresponsible that is) but I couldn’t help it, she stole my heart. Is there anything I can do to help her gain weight? She looks like a tiny little fur ball, she is the size of a soft ball. Will she get much bigger? How much do most weigh at 13 weeks? I wonder if she is a teacup or something? Thank you so much!!

joseph Replied:

mam, there is something wrong with the pet shop. they must not know anything about cavachons. we have a cavachon and it is 11 months old and it is about 3 pounds. your cavachon must be 2 weeks old. no, you haven’t made a huge mistake, but you’ve made a mistake. the people at the pet shop must not know anything about breed-spefic ages. so, if you want to know, the cavachon is not a teacup breed. for gaining weight and puppy, and all life stage nurtrion, try purina pro plan brand dog food. cavachons usally get about 14”. that’s all I gotta say! I hope this helped you. sincery, joseph.

• caroline j says:

We have a boy Cavachon who is 7 months we called him Django which suits him so well!We also have a girl King Charles called Millie who is 6 she was very timid!Django has changed her life with his very outgoing nature has made Millie more confidant in every way!

• Rob says:

Our adorable Cavachon is called Pamela. She is such a Pam! Everyone loves the name when they ask. A great breed and we cannot imagine life without Pamela!

• "Dublin" says:

“Top of Da Morning to ya”. Bout to pick up our new boy Cavachon whose name will be “Guinness O’Riley McMorris”. Had the greatest Golden, “Riley”, God is a Golden Retriever. Our new wonder’s name will be “Dublin” for short. Stay healthy and warm,
    Moose & Debby from beautiful Garden City Beach, SC!

• "Dublin" says:

HI, Top Of “Da ” Morning To Ya… Bout To Pick up our New Boy,Nine Week Old..Cavachon..Guinness O’Riley McMorris. Had “Da”Greatest “Golden” Riley.. GOD is a Golden Retriever..We Plan To call “Da” New Wonder, “DUBLIN” For Short. Stay Healthy & Warm Moose& Debby Happy “Garden City Beach, South Carlina”

Anonymous Replied:

Love the name!

• Shelley says:

My Cavachon girl is “Chloe Elizabeth”… The breeder had named her “Lizzy” hence the “Elizabeth”. Chloe just fit her..she’s a girly girl when she wants to be & stubborn. Chloe sounds like she’d be a stubborn, spoiled girl. She’s definitely spoiled. Our 3 daughters are grown. Now we have Chloe to spoil. She’s an amazing little dog with an “inner german shepherd”…..LOVE her to death!

• Brooke says:

I got my Cavachon(Tulip) about 3 1/2 weeks ago. About a week ago I noticed that hair on her front paws were gone, and now she has been chewing on her back thigh and feet a little too. I know Bichon’s are known to chew on their feet. Is there anything I can do to curb this? I miss her fluffy cute legs. She is only in the kennel at night when she sleeps and maybe 2 hour at the most at one time during the day to run errands. When I run errands I try to give her a kong with treats to keep her mouth busy. Thanks for any help in advance!

Brooke Replied:

This should be in a different section…Im not sure where to go to correct it. Also she was 3 months yesterday

Lori Replied:

It could be allergies. It would be best to start with getting ideas from your vet. Many people have solved this problem just by changing foods (which you need to do gradually if you are going to try that.) Are you giving her a different food than the breeder did? That is fine – but she may be reacting to it and you may have to try a different one. The vet might give you medication to relieve the itching in the meantime.

• Charli says:

I got my gorgeous little girl 2 days ago, she’s 9 weeks old. We’ve named her Heidi. Not a name I would ever have thought of but she kept hiding when she first arrived and it suits her so well. Needless to say, she no longer hides just bustles about the place wanting cuddles!!

• karen says:

We have a wonderful female Cavachon, her name is Bella. She is 5 months old we got her when she was 14 weeks old. She is doing well with potty training. She is in the crate or kitchen when we are out of the house. She hold it until we take her out.

• Bethany W says:

My beautiful one year old Cavachon’s name is Zeda and she is my baby and she knows it!

• Anonymous says:

Our cavacho was named Teddy, because he looks like one

• Connie says:

Our little ball of “angel fluff” is 5 1/2 months old, and tumbled into our lives almost 3 months ago. We’ve had dogs before … a shepherd-chow mix; an adorable, incorageable, rough-coat Jack Russell Terrier; and the absolute love-of-my-life, Blenheim Cavalier King Charles (that was ‘glued’ to me through 2 cancer surgeries & 6 months of chemo) … but this new little ball of “angel fluff,” weighing in at barely 3 lbs. after being very sick, stole my heart!!! His name is “HOBIE” & he’s full of life, energy, curiosity, ingenuity,just a pinch of devilishness & unending love!!! I AM IN LOVE WITH MY HOBIE !!!

Connie Replied:

I failed to mention that, although “Hobie” weighed barely 3 lbs. when we brought him home in February, he now weighs 6.7 lbs. and that all of his fantastic veterinarians are thrilled with his progress. Also, “Hobie” is Blenheim in coloration.

Lori Replied:

What a happy story! I am smiling ear to ear after reading this! Hobie is so lucky to have you and will give you years of grateful, unconditional love 🙂

• Cameron says:

We bought our first Cavachon this past summer she is 10 months old now and got in her first heat! we named her Zoe (the goddess of life) bc we were really into greek mythology books when we got her. and there was a character in the book called Zoe Nightshade so thats her first and middle name :). we love her and my dad and I were not small dog fans at all! we have always had big dogs,but since we have a vaca house in florida (we live in NJ)and go down one week every month my mom wanted a small dog to travel on the plane with us every month. usually we had Pitbulls sheppards, Rottys, boxers and huskies but she is great shes cute and small but she acts like shes a big dog so shes super playful and energetic. loves to rough house! best of both worlds.

• Jordan says:

I’m named by cavachon mitzy because of my dads grandmoth
    ers dog.I wanted a girl because I’m a girl lol.I had got her in march 13(around that time) in 2012 and she was two months I got her as a conformtion present and to help get me over my cavalier as we hasd to sell him due to his howling.she is now 1 year and 1 month.she is blemhim.

• Ginger says:

My Cavies are a little over 6 months old now.I got 2 around the same time so they could play together. Needless to say I have not sat down for over 4 months now. I volunteer teaching dog obedience at a dog school and I like unusual names. I will find names on maps for my dogs or see a word that I like the sound of (world news is good for this). My shepherds name is Onyx and my Border Collie mix was Ozark. My boy cavachon’s name is Finnegan. He is 16.7 lbs. now and all boy. From another breeder I got a girl who must have been the runt? I’m not sure but she is tiny (7.7 lbs.) I named her Huckleberry. I am an avid reader so I have Huckleberry Finnegan. Never had little dogs and I love the joy!

• Diane says:

Our cavachon is called Mildred … I wanted a old fashioned lady’s name .. Everyone says it really suits her but they always laugh when they first hear it …!

Marion Replied:

I love the name Mildred!!! We named our cavachon girl Matilda and call her Mattie most of the time. But….when we use her full name it usually means she is getting/gotten into trouble LOL

• Kristen says:

I just bought my cavashon today and I am already in love with her as is my three year old. When I was trying to think of a name a country song popped into my head and I named her chevy.

Lori Replied:

I love your method for choosing a name! The song “Chattahoochie” by Alan Jackson comes to mind first for me – I am a country fan as well!
    Congrats on your new puppy! Send a picture when you have a chance!

Anonymous Replied:

every country song is about a chevy at some point!!! i hate country but my gf and her parents love it..she made me watch the CMA’s this year and i said how everysong is about chevys, pick up trucks and drinking beer and they laughed and started to notice as every person who performed that night mentioned a chevy at some point in the song.

• Tilly says:

I noticed people have commented that Cavachons Rules. We totally agree, we have had our Tilly for 5 whole days and she certainly rules us, we are besotted with her.We had two Red Setters over a space of 26 years until they passed and it took 10years for the hurt to ease.We retired and suddenly our home was missing something. Alreasy Tilly has filled that gap and it seems as though she has always been here. Our grandchildren adore her as she does them. Long Happy Healthy Life Tilly and All other precious cavachon pets.

• Danielle Spring says:

We have just got 2 Cavachons a boy and we called him Ozzy and a girl Bella they are the best behavioured little dogs and get on great with our other dog a lab called Dylan.

• Bush Family says:

We named our sweet little dog Lilly. She is perfect in every way. And a great personality.

• James Hutchings says:

We haven’t got one yet but hopping to get one soon, we weren’t sure for names but we did think that Sky was a good name. Whether we use that I don’t know but all these names are helping us a lot so thanking you. We also like the website overall we found it is very helpful and that when we get one I’m sure we will be coming here for all the best tips and stuff we can get so thanks 🙂

Lori Replied:

Thank you for the compliment and good luck with finding the right puppy for your home!

• Leighton says:

Me and my girlfriend are having a puppy next Friday! We’re unsure of what to name him,, but were thinking I Either Sonny or Barney! Any suggestions? Also should we use a puppy pen when it first comes home?

Lori Replied:

I like both of your name choices – you’ll figure out the right one once you meet him!
    I am not sure what you mean by a puppy pen – do you want to confine him to an area or do you mean a crate? If you want to crate train him, you would want to do that from the very beginning.

Leighton Replied:

Thanks for the reply! We’ve ha him home for a week now and decided to name him Mylo in the end, it just seemed right when we got him! We didn’t want to crate train him so we put some sheets down in the living room and let him have a free run of the room. The site has been really helpful.

• Cathy says:

I just got my first Cavachon, which we named Sr. Ivan Paw (my father was Ivan Paul). So he was named in honor of my dad. He is now 5 months old, and I’m wonder at what age you start them with a groomer. I brush him every day, and he has learn to love our time together. But he for sure needs a hair cut.

Lori Replied:

You can take him to the groomer any time if you feel he needs it. Even if it is just for a quick trim, it would not hurt to get him used to it.

• Dina T says:

Hi,
    We originally were told that our rescue dog was a poodle mix, but after someone told us that she looked just like his cavachon, we checked the web and agreed. Our dog came with the rescue name of DeeDee. She has a short deformed front paw and wanted to give her a strong name. DeeDee was too cutsie, so we chose the Hebrew name Ziva, which means brilliance or splendor. If you have seen the tv show NCIS, you will have “met” the Israeli agent named Ziva. The name fits our doggie well.

• Alanagh says:

i love dogs

• Laura says:

Hi! Looking to get a cute dog like this. I have a Bichon now. Love the King Charles. A mixture sounds wonderful. THe personality traits you describe sound just like my dog. Mostly Bichon traits. I was mostly wondering about the house training. Billie (our dog) has been HORRIBLE with that. If he is tied up in the kitchen ( most of the time if we are gone) he will be fine. If we are home he will generally come and get us if he has to go- running up to us and then to the door and so forth, but if we don’t go RIGHT NOW- he will just go. He is 10 years old now and it’s never gotten better. We just have to pay attention. Sounds like it isn’t any better with a Cavachon.

• Bobbie says:

Hi Everyone! We just brought home a 10 week old male Cavachon. We named him Cooper, because he is supposed to be so smart (as in Sheldon Cooper, the physacist from the TV show Big Bang Theory. My husband really wanted his name to be Sheldon, but it just didn’t fit, however, Cooper really suits him well- for who knows what reason. It’s been a while since we’ve had a pet, or a baby for that matter, and he’s quickly reminding us how much time and patience are needed. He is just so darn CUTE though. Slept through his first night – sure hope the 2nd is as nice. Wish us luck!

Lori Replied:

Hope the last couple of night have been great, as well! We were empty nesters when we brought Kasey home, and it was like going back to having an infant again (almost 😉 ) It does require a lot of time, patience and doggy floor/carpet cleaner! We also found persistence pays off – Kasey turned into a well behaved and very fun dog quite quickly!
    Best wishes to you – send us a picture of Cooper to post with Kasey’s Friends!

Carrie Replied:

We just picked up our new puppy four days ago. Like you, our “boys” are all grown so it has been a little like having a baby in the house again. You never know where you will find a toy laying around! Our pup is named Natalie. She has been a very busy girl checking everything out. She likes to cuddle and play but also does well playing on her own. I’ve enjoyed reading your comments and those of others. Thank you!

• Janet says:

We have a 6 month old black and white cavachon that we got about a month ago. His name is Oliver and though he is loving and sweet…he is difficult to house train. He loves our other two dogs and prefers spending time with them over us. When the two big dogs are outside Oliver is all over us and loves us… guess we should keep him separated from the other dogs.

Lori Replied:

Maybe the other dogs remind him of his life before you? I am sure in time he will warm up to “humans” when he learns how much fun he can have with them and how much love he will receive!
    Send a picture!

• Katherine says:

Our little girl Cavachon is named Macy. We often call her Mace or Macy Moo! She is 6 months old and can be a very naughty little girl (has chewed on drywall and some woodwork) but we love the little stinker so much!

• beverley howell says:

I live in the UK and i have a Cavachon girl called Kiki and i am getting a boy next week and we are calling in Kobi ( means bring you joy ) in japanese.

Lori Replied:

Love the names – congratulations on the new addition to your family! Best wishes!